#showyourdesktop Archey issue

Hi guys,
So I wanted to screenshot my new desktop for posting it in Social networks with a screen of archey . but I got this lines by executing archey on the terminal. And I’m very sorry to point out little stuff like this for a distro that just came out. I guess that this kind of errors are related to the powerful security rules maybe. I apreciate the hard work you’ve done

anass@SuperX3:~$ archey Traceback (most recent call last): File "/usr/bin/archey", line 304, in <module> func() File "/usr/bin/archey", line 193, in user_display output ('User', username) File "/usr/bin/archey", line 134, in output result.append(output) UnboundLocalError: local variable 'output' referenced before assignment anass@SuperX3:~$

And Thank you for everything :slight_smile:

If you see this link: https://github.com/djmelik/archey/blob/master/archey

Archey will not detect SuperX at all because it isn’t listed in the script. I suggest you to try Conky or inxi instead.

@sunit‌ can you send a patch to include SuperX so that users do not have issues installing it?

Thanks for the hints but sorry, inxi seem too simple and conky do not operate well. I’m applying Widgets and themes with Conky Manager but I get a Black Background behind widget almost for everything

To get conky working, set the compositing type to OpenGL 3.1 in Control Panel > Desktop Effects > Advanced and then paste the following in your .conkyrc

own_window yes own_window_title conky own_window_hints undecorated,below,sticky,skip_taskbar,skip_pager own_window_argb_visual yes own_window_argb_value 0 own_window_type normal

Let me know if it works.

Thanks for the fix @wrix . tested it on eye candy linux widget . It’s working fine .

Welcome :smiley:

Here’s a screenshot of my desktop :slight_smile:

This looks amazing :smiley: